A visit to the Orphanage
Due to COVID, we have been unable to travel to Congo and our last trip was in October 2018, when Johann, Devin and Joy left Canada for a visit the orphanage. The focus was to:
- Build relationship with the team and the children
- Development a plan for the new site
- Inspect the first house for 10 children
- General health check on the children
- Meeting local UN and other NGO officials
- Work with team to develop Organization chart and long term plan.
- Develop 5 Pillars of good child care
The team took with them the following items:
- Used cell phones
- Basic medications of Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Vitamins, Iron (some were donated to the local clinic)
- Bandages, band-aids, latex gloves
- Craft supplies – water based paint, paper, brushes, etc.
- Reading glasses for widows in the area
- Children’s clothing
- Antibiotic ointments
Please see a short video of the trip.