A visit to the Orphanage
In October 2018, Johann, Devin and Joy left Canada for a visit the orphanage. The focus was to:
- Build relationship with the team and the children
- Development a plan for the new site
- Inspect the first house for 10 children
- General health check on the children
- Meeting local UN and other NGO officials
- Work with team to develop Organization chart and long term plan.
- Develop 5 Pillars of good child care
The team took with them the following items:
- Used cell phones
- Basic medications of Tylenol, Ibuprofen, Vitamins, Iron (some were donated to the local clinic)
- Bandages, band-aids, latex gloves
- Craft supplies – water based paint, paper, brushes, etc.
- Reading glasses for widows in the area
- Children’s clothing
- Antibiotic ointments
Please see a short video of the trip.